All about the inspiration behind the art. Acrylic Paintings, Impressionism, Art, Southern, Modern, Contemporary, Coastal, Flowers, Famous Places, New Orleans, Florida, Gulf Coast, Food, Expressionism, Fauve, Cityscapes, Architecture, Decor, Painting, Beach, Tropical, Seascape, Landscape, Still Life Mona Vivar Fine Art: Why I Paint What I Paint

Friday, September 27, 2013

Why I Paint What I Paint

I was in the moment of painting a big bunch of sunflowers the other day when I realized that I love painting gorgeous bright flowers.  I adore the rich, thick, squishy paint as I move it around to form organic shapes.  It makes my mouth water.  I love the complimentary color play of yellow and purple, orange and blue, red and green which shows up so often in floral paintings.  I love a painting that catches my eye and makes me break out into a smile.  Flowers were always my first painting love, and I now find myself full circle painting them again.  They are just one of the many subjects I paint, but I do seem to like them the best. 
 
I know I will never be accused of furthering the development of the future of art with my paintings.  I will leave that to other artists using other means and messages.  It's okay.
 
The main thing I must have when I paint something is that I enjoy painting it and that my customers enjoy looking at it.  If I don't enjoy making a painting, that lack of joy will show right through the piece.  I can see it and everyone else can too.  But when my excitement flows through the paint brush it will live forever in the painting.  That's what I want to give my customers.  That's why I paint what I paint.
 
Copyright Mona Vivar, Sumptuous Sunflowers, 14 inches by 11 inches, acrylic on canvas
 

No comments :

Post a Comment