All about the inspiration behind the art. Acrylic Paintings, Impressionism, Art, Southern, Modern, Contemporary, Coastal, Flowers, Famous Places, New Orleans, Florida, Gulf Coast, Food, Expressionism, Fauve, Cityscapes, Architecture, Decor, Painting, Beach, Tropical, Seascape, Landscape, Still Life Mona Vivar Fine Art: Gardening is a Lot Like Life (and Making Art)

Friday, March 1, 2013

Gardening is a Lot Like Life (and Making Art)

My yard is messy with fallen leaves, branches and windblown camellias from the recent crazy winds and torrential rains of February in Alabama.  As in life, I want it to be perfect:

Mona Vivar, "Spring in the South", 8 inches x 10 inches, acrylic on canvas, Sold 
 
I despair of ever getting it in that kind of order, so I started with a simple container garden.   


I needed to re-pot my faithful, indestructible Jade Plant into a larger pot.  After breaking open the old pot that the big Jade Plant had become root bound in, I huffed and puffed and finally planted it. I also added a pot for the baby Jade Plants that I discovered under the shadow of the big one.  I have good luck with succulents, so I bought a new one to add to my feeble gardening efforts.   Now I have the beginnings of what I want to be a pleasant back porch.

 
Knowing that perfection in life, art and gardening is seldom if ever attainable, I follow the premise that I need to keep it simple, use what works best for me, and be patient. 
 
 Mona Vivar, "Grand Sunflower", 8 inches x 10 inches, acrylic on canvas

 
 
 
 
 
 
All images copyright of Mona Vivar 2013


No comments :

Post a Comment