All about the inspiration behind the art. Acrylic Paintings, Impressionism, Art, Southern, Modern, Contemporary, Coastal, Flowers, Famous Places, New Orleans, Florida, Gulf Coast, Food, Expressionism, Fauve, Cityscapes, Architecture, Decor, Painting, Beach, Tropical, Seascape, Landscape, Still Life Mona Vivar Fine Art: Neither Sleet, Nor Snow, Nor Dark of Night--Or Why I Love the Post Office

Friday, February 22, 2013

Neither Sleet, Nor Snow, Nor Dark of Night--Or Why I Love the Post Office


As an Internet artist entrepreneur I use the Post Office for shipping all of my paintings smaller than 16 inches.  My buyers want to get their paintings promptly and in perfect condition.  So do I!  Over the years I have formulated three reasons why I and my customers should choose to use the U.S. Postal Service for delivering art:

1.  The Postal Service is reliable.  In moving hundreds of paintings through the postal system over the last decade, I have only had one get lost.  That one was in the New Orleans downtown Post Office ready to be delivered to the customer when Katrina hit.  The package was insured so I was paid for the painting, the customer had relocated to Houston and asked me to paint another painting to replace the one he wanted rather than be repaid, I painted him one and shipped it to Houston.  Both my customer and I were happy.

2.  The Postal Service will send you FREE boxes FREE of charge for all your Priority Mail needs.  What better way to keep down my customers' cost and mine than using FREE boxes?  You can order any of this online at usps.com.  The USPS site will also let you calculate costs on shipping.

3.  The Post Office employees in my local office are friendly and helpful.  I live in a small town in Alabama, and we love our Post Office and everyone in it.  There is always a smile and "How can I help you?" at the ready when I walk in.  What could be better than that?

Mona Vivar, "Pelican Perch", 14 inches x 11 inches, acrylic on canvas
        Now on Ebay (and ready to ship USPS!) at Mona Vivar Florida Pelican Mangrove Southern Impressionist Art


2 comments :

  1. Good thoughts on the USPS, Mona. I agree with you and the little local PO here is a pleasure to visit! And I am sure they can use our business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathy! It is a treat to visit our P.O.!

    ReplyDelete