All about the inspiration behind the art. Acrylic Paintings, Impressionism, Art, Southern, Modern, Contemporary, Coastal, Flowers, Famous Places, New Orleans, Florida, Gulf Coast, Food, Expressionism, Fauve, Cityscapes, Architecture, Decor, Painting, Beach, Tropical, Seascape, Landscape, Still Life Mona Vivar Fine Art: The Slippery Slope of Spring

Friday, March 22, 2013

The Slippery Slope of Spring

Spring officially began on March 20.  I decided to get a jump on it by going to Bellingrath Gardens to see the azaleas.  Although the day was overcast when I visited Bellingrath, I still saw gorgeous flowers and fountains.

 
 
 
 
I did not anticipate the rush of impulse to beautify my back porch and yard after my trip to the gardens.   Before I knew it, I was poking around in my local garden centers and bought some pretty pansies and petunias from the Robertsdale trade school students.  The pansies became a whimsical headpiece for the Grecian bust I found at Tuesday Morning.
 
 
Suddenly, I ordered the Tuscan Garden Fountain online from Lamps Plus.  All 54 inches of it!
 
 
Now I will begin to dig out bed areas near the porch for who knows what.   And the domino effect begins!
 
At least I can use my various purchases as models for current and future paintings.
 
Mona Vivar, "Pansy Goddess", 14 inches x 11 inches, acrylic on canvas
Now available on Ebay at
 
 
 
 
 
All images copyright of Mona Vivar 2013.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment