All about the inspiration behind the art. Acrylic Paintings, Impressionism, Art, Southern, Modern, Contemporary, Coastal, Flowers, Famous Places, New Orleans, Florida, Gulf Coast, Food, Expressionism, Fauve, Cityscapes, Architecture, Decor, Painting, Beach, Tropical, Seascape, Landscape, Still Life Mona Vivar Fine Art: What I Believe About Art

Friday, March 29, 2013

What I Believe About Art

Spring is a time of renewal.  It is no accident that Easter coincides with spring.  Each year this cycle makes me pause and take note of those things that inspire me to continue creating art. 

I believe that art makes us look inward.

I believe that art makes us look outward at our surroundings from a new perspective.

I believe that the need to create art is a gift to be used and treasured.

I believe that art is a path to healing.

I believe that making art or enjoying art is a necessary part of being human.

I believe that art is powerful.

I believe that art is both simple and complex.

I believe that art is necessary.

For all of you, I wish you the gift of art during this time of hope and renewal.

I
Mona Vivar, "Dazzling Hibiscus", 11 inches by 14 inches, acrylic on canvas
 
 
 
 
 
Image copyright of Mona Vivar 2013
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 






No comments :

Post a Comment