All about the inspiration behind the art. Acrylic Paintings, Impressionism, Art, Southern, Modern, Contemporary, Coastal, Flowers, Famous Places, New Orleans, Florida, Gulf Coast, Food, Expressionism, Fauve, Cityscapes, Architecture, Decor, Painting, Beach, Tropical, Seascape, Landscape, Still Life Mona Vivar Fine Art: Artful Birds

Friday, November 8, 2013

Artful Birds

Birds are one of my favorite painting subjects.  They have all the elements necessary for visual interest--graceful poses, brilliantly colored feathers, funny feet, bright eyes and the ability to fly.  Everyone from the ancient Egyptians to modern photography buffs have made the effort to immortalize these airborne creatures. 
 
I keep a pair of binoculars handy by my windows just in case I see bird activity.  I visit places along the coast and woods to see the large wading birds with their elegant long necks and legs.  I can't seem to get enough of birds and their habitats.  I come home to paint my impressions of birds.  It's hard to do them justice.  I keep trying...
 
 
Copyright Mona Vivar, Flight, 11inches by 14 inches, acrylic on canvas
 
 

    Copyright Mona Vivar, Shore Patrol, 8 inches by 10 inches, acrylic on canvas
                                        


Copyright Mona Vivar, Marsh Dance, 30 inches by 40 inches, acrylic on canvas

No comments :

Post a Comment