All about the inspiration behind the art. Acrylic Paintings, Impressionism, Art, Southern, Modern, Contemporary, Coastal, Flowers, Famous Places, New Orleans, Florida, Gulf Coast, Food, Expressionism, Fauve, Cityscapes, Architecture, Decor, Painting, Beach, Tropical, Seascape, Landscape, Still Life Mona Vivar Fine Art: Sources of Inspiration and Advice

Friday, May 10, 2013

Sources of Inspiration and Advice

As an artist working for myself from home and on the Internet, I find it is easy to believe that I am self-sufficient.  That is not the case.  I rely on people from other places to give me technical, business and inspirational advice.  I thought I would share some of my favorite websites and blogs that I frequently tap into.

For good all around art making and art business common sense I adore Texas artist Jack White.  Any of his marketing books are useful and entertaining.  His book link is Jack White Artist Books.  He also appears as a guest writer on FASO Fine Art Views (which is a useful site in and of itself).

Alyson B. Stanfield is another savvy art marketing writer I follow at Art Biz Blog.  She publishes three juicy pieces a week and has multiple books and workshops available for those who want to dig deeper.

Art technique wizard Will Kemp is a walking encyclopedia of art materials information.  Plus he is funny.  His site is well worth exploring at Will Kemp Art School.  I can't tell you how many paint handling issues I have run up against that his knowledge cured for me.  

Artist Robert Genn shares his inspirational art wisdom in his twice weekly blog at  The Painter's Keys.  I always feel better after reading his words.

So that is the short list of people I "consult" regularly via the Internet.  We all need coaches in order to excel. 

Mona Vivar, "Table for Two", 9 inches by 12 inches, acrylic on canvas
Now on Ebay at Mona Vivar Fine Art






Image copyright of Mona Vivar 2013.

No comments :

Post a Comment