All about the inspiration behind the art. Acrylic Paintings, Impressionism, Art, Southern, Modern, Contemporary, Coastal, Flowers, Famous Places, New Orleans, Florida, Gulf Coast, Food, Expressionism, Fauve, Cityscapes, Architecture, Decor, Painting, Beach, Tropical, Seascape, Landscape, Still Life Mona Vivar Fine Art: Life With A Sketchbook

Friday, May 31, 2013

Life With A Sketchbook

When I was first introduced to the idea of keeping a sketchbook  years ago in a college art class I was skeptical.  After much procrastination I started one just for the sake of passing the course.  Then I set it aside and kept painting. 
 
Several more years passed, and one day I wanted to make a field trip to a local nature preserve that happened to have both living and preserved plants and animals at the center.  Setting up to paint in that place was not practical so I took a sketchbook.  What fun I had!  What details I noted and remembered because of that sketching expedition!  I was hooked.
 




 
I now find myself drawing pine cones, shoes, characters directly from television during the show I am watching, cats, people, imaginary doodles, copies of masterpieces.  The list goes on.  I use pen, pencil, Sharpies, crayons, watercolor, charcoal.... 
 
I go through my old sketchbooks for ideas and to jolt my memory of things past.  They are all valuable.
 
Keeping a sketchbook allows freedom to ramble, day dream, flow, think, remember, grow. 
 
Everyone should keep a sketchbook..
 
 
 
 
All images copyright of Mona Vivar 2013.

No comments :

Post a Comment