All about the inspiration behind the art. Acrylic Paintings, Impressionism, Art, Southern, Modern, Contemporary, Coastal, Flowers, Famous Places, New Orleans, Florida, Gulf Coast, Food, Expressionism, Fauve, Cityscapes, Architecture, Decor, Painting, Beach, Tropical, Seascape, Landscape, Still Life Mona Vivar Fine Art: Working on the New While a New Congress Works on the Old

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Working on the New While a New Congress Works on the Old

In honor of this fresh new year I have decided to paint in a looser, more abstracted style.  Artists generally have to fight the urge to tighten up (in other words they get more rigid and caught up in details) as they work on their paintings, and I am no exception.  I want people to recognize the subject matter of my paintings, but I also want to evoke emotion.  Let's just say I want to depict reality--only better!

So this week I am painting New Orleans.  Mardi Gras is coming up in February, and I want to be ready.

I also opened a store on Ebay at Mona Vivar Fine Art Paintings on January 1.

Mona Vivar, "Jackson Square Shimmers", acrylic on canvas
 
Mona Vivar, "Into the French Quarter", acrylic on canvas

No comments :

Post a Comment