All about the inspiration behind the art. Acrylic Paintings, Impressionism, Art, Southern, Modern, Contemporary, Coastal, Flowers, Famous Places, New Orleans, Florida, Gulf Coast, Food, Expressionism, Fauve, Cityscapes, Architecture, Decor, Painting, Beach, Tropical, Seascape, Landscape, Still Life Mona Vivar Fine Art: Alabama Wins National Championship (and sunsets here are great too!)

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Alabama Wins National Championship (and sunsets here are great too!)

I am very happy that my school won the National Championship in football last night.  The State of Alabama has had a history of fine college football teams.  Another thing people should know about this state is that there are fine sunsets to be enjoyed on a regular basis. 

A few days ago I was in a parking lot near Mobile Bay when I was bedazzled by a truly gorgeous sunset.  I quickly took a picture with my phone and then went home to paint what inspired me.  I completed three paintings right away. 

Mona Vivar, January Sunset, Acrylic on Canvas, 5" x 7"
 
Mona Vivar, Delta Sunset Winter, Acrylic on Canvas, 9" x 12"
 
Mona Vivar, January Clouds, Acrylic on Canvas, 16" x 20"
 
 
ROLL TIDE!
 
 







All images copyright of Mona Vivar 2013

No comments :

Post a Comment