All about the inspiration behind the art. Acrylic Paintings, Impressionism, Art, Southern, Modern, Contemporary, Coastal, Flowers, Famous Places, New Orleans, Florida, Gulf Coast, Food, Expressionism, Fauve, Cityscapes, Architecture, Decor, Painting, Beach, Tropical, Seascape, Landscape, Still Life Mona Vivar Fine Art: Back At It and Down to the Sea

Friday, May 30, 2014

Back At It and Down to the Sea

I took a brief respite last week from my blog during the Memorial Day weekend and came back energized.  Even artists, perhaps especially artists, need to step away from the daily creative process to see things from a new angle.
 
One thing I noticed in reviewing my paintings is that I am doing a lot of seascape paintings.  This has crept up on me unawares as I have continued to produce a high number of paintings with a variety of subjects.  No matter what I paint, the sea haunts me.  When I think about it I realize that I have always been pulled towards coastlines.  The only time in my life when I didn't live within a few miles of a shore was while I attended law school in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.  I felt stranded in unfamiliar territory.  Once I finished school I promptly fled to the west coast of California as a Navy lawyer.  Later, I lived aboard an aircraft carrier for two weeks at a time floating around in the Gulf.  When I left the Navy I settled right back near the Gulf where I have remained ever since.
 
So here are more seascapes.  Grayton Beach calls.
 

Copyright Mona Vivar, Down to the Beach, 12 inches by 9 inches, acrylic on canvas
Now on Ebay at Mona Vivar Fine Art
 
 

Copyright Mona Vivar, Smooth Sailing, 12 inches by 9 inches, acrylic on canvas
Now on Ebay at Mona Vivar Fine Art




No comments :

Post a Comment