All about the inspiration behind the art. Acrylic Paintings, Impressionism, Art, Southern, Modern, Contemporary, Coastal, Flowers, Famous Places, New Orleans, Florida, Gulf Coast, Food, Expressionism, Fauve, Cityscapes, Architecture, Decor, Painting, Beach, Tropical, Seascape, Landscape, Still Life Mona Vivar Fine Art: Painting inspiration of the state parks

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Painting inspiration of the state parks

As an artist, I am always looking for images that spark an interest in me.  Most of the time all I have to do is look around my own locale, but if I want to challenge myself to go deep with thematic imagery, I visit a state park.  There are many that are within a few hours drive that provide unique painting opportunities.

One of my very favorite haunts is Wakulla State Park and Lodge just south of Tallahassee, Florida.
The Lodge is beautiful and historical with only 27 guest rooms and a stellar dining room, but the real treat is outside in the deep, mysterious water of the spring that the Lodge faces.  The spring is clean and full of wildlife.  There are fish, wading birds, ducks, alligators (lots of alligators) and manatees.  All can be seen from the shore, but the best viewing can be had from one of the boats run by the knowledgeable river guides.  It is a magical place that brings much peace and provides endless painting inspiration.

 
Manatee drifting in the spring
 
 
Grandeur of the spring
 
My interpretation of sunset on the spring
 
I invite you to visit your closest state park and see what nature has to offer.


No comments :

Post a Comment