All about the inspiration behind the art. Acrylic Paintings, Impressionism, Art, Southern, Modern, Contemporary, Coastal, Flowers, Famous Places, New Orleans, Florida, Gulf Coast, Food, Expressionism, Fauve, Cityscapes, Architecture, Decor, Painting, Beach, Tropical, Seascape, Landscape, Still Life Mona Vivar Fine Art: Birds and Critters

Friday, February 7, 2014

Birds and Critters

I once heard that whatever interests one had at the age of five or so winds up being what one is most interested in as an adult.  At five I wanted to be outside with the birds and critters.  I studied blades of grass up close while lying on my stomach.  I rolled over to watch clouds roll by.  I brought all manner of creatures home, including a garter snake that was promptly returned to the wild when I showed it to my mother.  I walked in shallow ditch water seeking tadpoles and once in a while, crayfish.  I wanted to pet cows, horses, dogs and cats, any furry creature.  And I drew.
 
So it shouldn't come as a surprise that I find myself painting birds, fish, animals.  I figure, why fight it?  Skill comes more easily when I know my subject. 
 
Expect more bird and critter paintings. I hope you enjoy them.
 
 
Copyright Mona Vivar, Happy Otter, 7 inches by 5 inches, oil on canvas
Showing Sunday Feb 9 (6:00 p.m. PST) on Ebay Mona Vivar Fine Art
 
 
Copyright Mona Vivar, Floating Free, 11 inches by 14 inches, oil on canvas
Now on Ebay at Mona Vivar Fine Art
 
 
Copyright Mona Vivar, Mr. Majestic, 5 inches by 7 inches, oil on canvas
Now on Ebay at Mona Vivar Fine Art
 
 
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment